Parishioners who are 4th-12th grade and have received First Communion are eligible to be trained as altar servers.
- Carry the cross/candles/incense during the procession into Mass
- Assist the priest by holding the books from which prayers are read
- Assist the priest in receiving the gifts during the offertory
- Assist in preparing the altar for Liturgy
- Assist the priest in the ritual washing of his hands
- Assist in clearing the altar after the Liturgy
- Carry the cross/candles/incense during the recession out of Mass
Once trained, altar servers are added to the Altar Server Roster. The roster indicates a preferred Mass time and whether or not the server is willing to substitute at different Masses. Altar servers are eligible to receive service hour credits for serving at Mass.
Thank you for wanting to be an altar server at St. Charles!
Please complete the two-step process below:
Step 1: Complete the application form, including essays and altar server pledge Altar Server Application 2019
Step 2: Once the application form has been submitted by you and received at the parish, a confirmation email will be sent to you with information regarding a training date.