RCIA - A Journey in Faith
There are many reasons that people enter the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) process. It makes no difference whether you have been raised in another denomination, have no church affiliation or experience, or that you simply strayed from the faith for the last 20 years and would like to come back to complete the Sacraments of Initiation.
Whatever the case, you are welcome here and quite frankly, we praise God for your presence! As we build community through our RCIA sessions, it becomes clear that we all have had our times of doubts, fear and frustration. Many have even lived reckless lives apart from God’s plan, but certainly not apart from his mercy.
The Rite of Christian Initiation is a time to come together and examine our lives in the light of the Gospel and embrace a fuller discipleship of the Lord Jesus Christ! You are among friends and fellow sinners. St Charles is your temporary home, until the day when we all join together in our eternal home.
The RCIA process is for:
- Adults interested in learning what it means to be a Catholic
- Adults interested in becoming members of the Catholic community
- Those already baptized Catholic who would like to be confirmed and/or celebrate the Sacrament of Eucharist
Over the course of this journey you will:
- Study and reflect upon the teachings of Scriptures
- Proclaim the Word of God
- Learn about the rich heritage and traditions of the Church
- Become familiar with forms of personal and liturgical prayer
- Meet members of the parish community and witness their daily living of their faith
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults is experienced through a process of five phases. There is no set length of time for the RCIA process. It depends on each individual’s journey in faith. You may begin at anytime by contacting Deacon Rich at firstname.lastname@example.org