At the Last Supper Jesus instituted the Eucharistic sacrifice of his Body and Blood, a sacrament of love, a sign of unity, a gift of grace.
Communion is a shared sacrament within the faith community, and in preparation, St. Charles provides workshops for parents/guardians on the Eucharist and Reconciliation before their children's first reception of these Sacraments.
As the primary educators of their children, parents/guardians have the first and most important influence on faith development. Parent/child participation in First Reconciliation/First Eucharist deepens their understanding and love of the sacraments, helping families to experience fuller participation in our Catholic community worship.
Parish guidelines foster successful sacramental preparation:
- At least one parent/guardian should be a practicing, active member of our St. Charles Faith Community.
- Parents/guardians must provide a copy of their child’s Baptismal certificate if baptized in a parish other than St. Charles.
- Parents/guardians and the children are expected to participate in weekly Sunday Mass.
- Children must be currently participating in a program religious education, in a Catholic school or as a registered student of the parish program.
- Parents/guardians and children must attend all the sessions set up for Second Grade and for Sacramental Prep.
At the top right column you'll find a link to the Important Dates for First Reconciliation/First Prep. More details will be provided in the next few weeks. We are joyous to welcome our new class in First Reconciliation/First Eucharist!
Key Dates for Sacramental Preparation will be coming soon!