St. Charles Parish Martha & Mary Ministries
Martha and Mary of Bethany were sisters who loved and served Jesus through hospitality, prayer, attentiveness, and service. Both expressed their belief in Jesus as the Messiah for all people, and they expressed their faith in Jesus as he raised their brother Lazarus from the dead.
In serving Jesus, Martha was the busy one, planning, preparing, and serving. Mary was the attentive one, being in Jesus’ presence, listening, seeking comfort and understanding.
Martha and Mary Ministries offer hospitality, service, prayer, presence, understanding, and attentiveness to the needs of others in our parish community.
Opportunities to volunteer in Martha and Mary Ministries include
- serving as Eucharistic Ministers to the sick and homebound
- making meals for the sick and homebound
- driving parishioners to Mass, errands or appointments
- knitting/crocheting in Prayer Shawl Ministry
- cooking and/or serving monthly Senior Lunch
- working with the Caring Hands Reception Ministry, before and/or after a Funeral or Memorial Mass
Activities are both service and prayer oriented and can be shared among several people. If you are interested in learning more, click Ministry to the Sick, Elderly, and Homebound for more information. To volunteer for any of these ministries, contact Kathy Fagliano at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in assisting with Consolation Ministries, or to plan/prepare a Funeral or Memorial Mass, Click Here to contact Kathy Fagliano.