St. Charles will offer Religious Ed K-4 and Sacramental Preparation, First Reconciliation/First Eucharist this fall and spring. We plan to provide in-person classes (masked and according to social distancing protocols) but may have to move to virtual classes to foster protection for catechists.At the Last Supper Jesus instituted the Eucharistic sacrifice of his Body and Blood, a sacrament of love, a sign of unity, a gift of grace.
Communion is a shared sacrament within the faith community, and in preparation, St. Charles provides workshops for parents/guardians on the Eucharist and Reconciliation before their children's first reception of these Sacraments.
As the primary educators of their children, parents/guardians have the first and most important influence on faith development. Parent/child participation in First Reconciliation/First Eucharist deepens their understanding and love of the sacraments, helping families to experience fuller participation in our Catholic community worship.
Parish guidelines foster successful sacramental preparation:
Please contact Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- At least one parent/guardian should be a practicing, active member of our St. Charles Faith Community.
- Parents/guardians must provide a copy of their child’s Baptismal certificate if baptized in a parish other than St. Charles.
- Parents/guardians and the children are expected to participate in weekly Sunday Mass.
- Children must be currently participating in a program religious education, in a Catholic school or as a registered student of the parish program.
- Parents/guardians and children must attend all the sessions set up for Second Grade and for Sacramental Prep.
- Note: Sacramental Preparation is a 2-year program.
Sacramental Preparation PROGRAM SCHEDULE coming soon.