Parishioners who have received First Communion are eligible to be trained as altar servers.
- Carry the cross/candles/incense during the procession into mass
- Assist the priest by holding the books from which prayers are read
- Assist the priest in receiving the gifts during the offertory
- Assist in preparing the altar for Liturgy
- Assist the priest in the ritual washing of his hands
- Assist in clearing the altar after the Liturgy
- Carry the cross/candles/incense during the recession out of mass
Once trained, altar servers are added to the Altar Server Roster. The roster indicates a preferred mass time and whether or not the server is willing to substitute at different masses. Altar servers are eligible to receive service hour credits for serving at mass.